|Page Being Updated
Page 1: Social Events, Programs, Activities, Miscellaneous News Items
Page 2: Scheduled Travel/Trips Information, More Activities, Miscellaneous News Items
Page 3: Newsletter Download Page (Print, or Copy to Save)
Page 4: Sunshine Report, Scoreboard (Bridge & Bowling), Committees, Officers & Trustees
Page 5: Website News, Webmaster Comments
The NEXT ISSUE is scheduled to be uploaded to the web on or about THE END OF THIS Mo.
GO TO <LATE-BREAKING NEWS> FOR CORONAVIRUS
INDUCED SCHEDULE CHANGES AND UPDATES
(KEEP GOING - THERE IS A LOT MORE ON PAGE 2.
|Page 1 of 5
|SENIOR CENTER: KEEPING IN TOUCH
The Huber Heights Senior Center is closed until further notice. You can call the Information Line at 937-237-
7605 for a recording of activity updates and a reopening date (do not leave messages).
The program coordinator can be reached at 937-237-7912 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday or
email her at seniors@ hhoh.org
INFORMATION CURRENT AS OF August 7, 2020
· The Advanced Directives event is now scheduled for October 21.
· The Painting Class is tentatively rescheduled for Oct. 19
· The October social and Masquerade Party are cancelled.
· The Oct. 27th Medicare Counselling Appointment Day is cancelled.
· The senior center emailed a July newsletter to members. If you did not receive this, you may not have
provided an email address on your membership application or it was too difficult to read it. Or you may want to
check your junk mail; the sender email address will show up as email@example.com Please email the center to
provide your current email address if you would like to receive future communication.
· If you need help with shelter, food, paying utility bills, live alone and want to check in with someone on a
daily basis, or have other needs or questions, please call the senior center, visit the Facebook page, or website
· Members: please contact the senior center, even during the closure period, if there are any changes to
your contact information.
· The August social is cancelled.
· The September Fundraiser Show & Bake Sale is cancelled.
· Trips are suspended for the rest of the year.
· A trip to Nashville is tentatively scheduled for April 19-23, 2021.
Resources & Services:
· Area Agency on Aging: 937-341-3000
· Senior Resource Connection: 937-223-8246
· Meals on Wheels: 937-228-3663
· St. Peter Food Pantry: 937-233-1503
· FISH food pantry: 937-233-3474
· Home Safe: daily check-in by phone to the Huber Heights Fire Dept. for city residents who do not not
have any family nearby. Call 937-233-1564 to register.
· Stay Connected: free, daily check-in by phone sponsored by Ohio Dept. of Aging for those 60 and older.
Automated service calls you daily during a time you select. If no answer after three attempts, call is made to
your alternate contact or nonemergency number of local sheriff’s office. Call 833-632-2428.
· Helplink 211: call 24 hours, 365 days a year, and speak with a live person to find out about services that
may provide help with emergency needs for food, shelter, help paying utilities, services for elderly, and more.
Call 211 or 937-225-3000.
· Summer Crisis Program (HEAP, PIPP Plus): for those who qualify, benefits may be available to help pay
electric utility bill, for an air conditioner and/or fan, or a/c repairs. Call 937-282-0880.
· Community Meals: Project One Hope is a community outreach supported by multiple churches in Huber
Heights to provide a free dinner to the community. For the most current information and to check for
cancellations, visit www.fcchh.org or call 937-236-8029.
Currently, Drive-thru Pickup Only:
Aug. 13: First Christian Church, 5-6:30
6114 Fishburg Rd, 937-236-8029
Sept. 10: First Christian Church, 5-6:30